Glint is seeking new Directors to join our Tribe in Lincolnshire
Glint is seeking new Directors to join our Board at an exciting time in our development.
We are a social enterprise with a ten-year track record of running successful equine facilitated learning and therapy programmes in Yorkshire. However, we have recently relocated to Lincolnshire and are looking for two new Directors to join us in establishing our role in our new community.
The social enterprise is led by our CEO, supported by a team of three non-executive Directors and two Board Advisors, who bring their experience and skills to provide invaluable support to guide the organisation to success.
Our strategic priorities in our new home are:
- to ensure we have an appropriate balance of commercial leadership, team development and workplace wellbeing programmes, enabling us to deliver more of our work supporting young people and adults with mental health challenges that impact on their life opportunities
- to grow our operational team
The Board of Directors meet quarterly to review our strategic direction and ensure good governance. Directors also provide advice to the staff team, according to their own expertise from their field of work, or personal experience; we ask our Directors to be prepared to roll their sleeves up and contribute to organisational growth and development.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and are particularly interested to hear from individuals who meet any of the following criteria :
- People who are well-connected in the Greater Lincolnshire business and commercial communities
- People who are well-connected in the Greater Lincolnshire public and voluntary sector communities
- People who reflect the diversity of the communities we support
- People with lived experience of mental health and wellbeing challenges
- People with expertise in marketing a service-based offer
- People with a successful track record of bid-writing
Glint Board Director roles are non-remunerated posts, but reasonable expenses can be paid. It is expected that the majority of our meetings will be held on-line, via Teams, as several of our existing Board members are Yorkshire-based. Our CEO, Heidi Dawson, would welcome a chat with anyone interested in applying for a Board position, to discus the role and answer any questions. To arrange an informal discussion, or request an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org