Who we work with: we’ll guide the way
Horse Assisted Development is a non-directive and non-confrontational way to help you read and understand the signals others send, identify your own skills and strengths and realise your potential.
So, whether you’re a fully-fledged adult, or a teenager just setting out in the world; a business leader looking to develop your team (or your own leadership skills); an individual wanting to make a change in your life; or a parent or carer supporting a family member to overcome some of life’s challenges, we can help because our programmes engage people in activities that increase social intelligence, build emotional strength and create resilience.
There are some key threads that run throughout our work and, in most cases, a programme will involve at least 2, if not all 3 of these elements.
Changing Minds and Behaviours
Horse Assisted Development is a powerful intervention in supporting the social and emotional development needs of people of all ages and from all walks of life. In particular, it can help people:
- Gain increased understanding of their emotions and energy
- Practise handling their emotions in real-life situations
- Work on their concentration span and focus their energy in a positive way
- Build their confidence level
- Learn to take responsibility for their own behaviour and actions
- Develop emotional resilience
Health and Wellbeing
We all have ‘stuff’ going on in our lives and sometimes need to take timeout to reflect, plan, or simply mull things over in an environment that’s focussed completely on you. Horse Assisted Development gives you the opportunity to:
- Identify and address personal obstacles and challenges
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Understand how others may react to your behaviour and how you react to theirs
- Work on your personal effectiveness
- Manage stress, energies and emotions
- Build effective relationships
Teams and Leaders
Let’s be honest, teams and leaders make the world go round and they come in all shapes and sizes, from Corporate giants to a local Guide group. Whoever you are and whatever your team looks like, Horse Assisted Development can be an invaluable tool for:
- Developing effective communication skills
- Creating cohesive teams
- Building leadership and people skills
- Understanding the impact of behaviour and style
- Experimenting with different skills and styles
- Managing the pace of change
- Dealing with conflict
Who can we help
To find out more about how we can work together, click on any of the following links. But, don’t worry if you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for, as we’re always happy to create something especially for you.
- Working with Young People & Vulnerable Adults
- For Individuals – It’s All About You!
- For Organisations of all shapes and sizes
- Collaborative projects – let’s mix it up a bit!